We are using our voice to share resources to listen, learn, support, and promote BIPOC, LGBTQIA, Women’s rights, children, and communities in need.
- Launched a new Physique 57 IMPACT program in 2023 to give back to global communities in need. This ongoing partnership with Buy1Give1 (B1G1) provides a platform for Physique 57 to continuously donate to carefully selected charities with every client purchase and to celebrate meaningful milestones that our community achieves. https://physique57.com/physique-57-impact/
- Partnered with Treatment Action Group (TAG) for Pride Month 2023, hosting donation classes where all proceeds went to this nonprofit organization supporting members of the queer community living with HIV/AIDS. https://www.treatmentactiongroup.org/about-us/mission/
- Donated to National Black Women’s Justice Institute for Black History Month 2023 to support their mission of “dismantling the racist and patriarchal U.S. criminal-legal system and build, in its place, pathways to opportunity and healing.” https://www.nbwji.org/
- June 2022, Audre Lorde Project, https://alp.org/
- June 2022, New Alternatives, https://www.newalternativesnyc.org/
- May 2021, AAPI Women Lead, https://www.imreadymovement.org/
- May 2021, Asian Americans Advancing Justice in Atlanta, https://www.advancingjustice-atlanta.org/donate
- May 2021, Asian Americans Journalists Association, https://www.aaja.org/
- February 2021, NAACP Legal Defense Fund, https://www.naacpldf.org/
- January 2021, Black Mamas Matter Alliance, https://blackmamasmatter.org/
- December 2020, Movement Exchange, https://www.movementexchanges.org/donate
- November 2020, Trans Beauty Clinic, https://transbeautyclinic.org/
- October 2020, Dancing Dreams, https://dancingdreams.org/
- August 2020, Regarding Self, https://www.kipp.org/
- June 2020, Equal Justice Initiative, https://eyej.org/giving/
We believe that everyone should have the gift of health and movement and are taking deliberate steps to make our community of possibilities more accessible to all. Movement is medicine- it improves immunity, relieves stress, releases endorphins, develops resilience, builds confidence, and so much more. We strive to offer workouts for all to find strength within, to not only feel good themselves, but to also be better for others.
We offer discounts to healthcare workers, educators, performing artists, students, and charity organizations and have hosted discounted community class events and complimentary online and in-person workouts to make our powerful method more available to all.
Physique 57 Family,
Our mission since we started Physique 57 has been to bring our method to as many people as possible and to unleash the unlimited power in those we touch. We recognize that we need to be specific and take more deliberate steps to stand up to injustice with the Black Community in the fight against racism.
Like all of you, we have been horrified and heart-broken by the violent deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Tony McDade, Ahmaud Arbery, and far too many others. We stand with the Black Lives Matter movement and are committed to change. We will use our voices. We will not settle for less.
As individuals, we are having intentional conversations and taking purposeful action. As a company we are focused on what we can do to lead change. To demonstrate our commitment and keep on course for the long term, we started a new program, Physique Forward to combat racial injustice.
- Donations- our first action started with donating proceeds from all Live Online classes on Tuesday, June 2nd to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund to protect voting rights and equality for all and to The Loveland Foundation committed to showing up for Black women and girls.
- Knowledge leads to action- team members at all levels will take trainings and institute action plans to combat inequality within our organization to improve recruiting, hiring, staff development, and community impact.
- Diversity committee- we will create a committee comprised of a mix of team members, clients, and advisors to share experiences, leverage knowledge, and take our efforts to the next level.
- Webpage- we will designate a page on our website to relay resources and stay accountable with our progress.
- Your input– as we continue to grow and learn, we are eager to hear from you and created a new email address [email protected] to receive insight, suggestions, and feedback as we navigate this journey together.
These are our first steps, and the marathon ahead is long. We recognize that we can do better, and we will. We set our goals high, embrace our vulnerability, and commit to staying to course as individuals and as a company.
Our brand manifesto states:
We thrive on equal parts unshakable strength and unbreakable faith…and in feeling strong, seen, and worthwhile every day.
WE means ALL, as an equal and celebrated force of individuals, united by our passion to Physique Forward and create change. Together we rise.
With respect and commitment,
Jennifer Maanavi and Tanya Becker Co-Founders
We recognize we can do better, and we will. Our intentions come from a place of love, and we will stay the course as individuals and as a company. As we continue to grow and learn, we are eager to hear from you to receive insight, suggestions, and feedback as we navigate this journey together.