Physique 57 is a growing fitness company that operates twelve upscale, full-service exercise studios in the United States and internationally and a thriving video on demand platform. The company offers a unique, specialized exercise experience that has captured the attention of women worldwide. Since its inception, the company has developed a lifestyle brand that represents service, quality, expertise, innovation, attention to detail, market leadership and results.
With four studios in New York City, one in Beverly Hills, and several international licensed locations along with our video on demand platform, Physique 57 continues to attract an expanding global fan base. In support of our outstanding customer focus, our staff – at all levels of the organization – is team oriented, entrepreneurial, ambitious and dedicated to delivering quality each and every day.
Physique 57 is seeking a part-time Staffing and Scheduling Coordinator. This role is responsible for planning, organizing and executing class schedules for all New York area studios. The Staffing and Scheduling Coordinator will ensure that staffing levels are always optimal and sufficient to fulfill the demands of the New York area studios’ schedule. This individual will be strategic and plan for the future staffing needs of the business as well as perform analysis on class programming and attendance.
The Staffing and Scheduling Coordinator reports to the Associate Manager of Talent. This position is based in Manhattan.
- Partner with the Associate Manager of Talent to strategically staff all New York area studio classes, workshops and any offsite classes
- Anticipate schedule challenges and recommend solutions to remedy potential problems
- Manage instructor schedule requests in a fair and tactful manner, with company goals and needs in mind
- Enforce scheduling policies such as sick policy, holiday requests and vacations
- Ensure the Associate Managers of Talent of are notified of scheduling policy violations, late requests and unexpected changes to the schedule
- Input instructor time off approvals, track instructor hours and project training and hiring needs
- Advise the Associate Manager of Talent of future specialty class staffing needs based upon class schedules due to staff changes
- Organize emergency instructor coverage and ensure all classes are covered
- Efficiently communicate with instructors the schedule and staffing modifications due to emergencies, inclement weather, etc.
- As needs emerge, respond to a high volume of phone calls and emails from instructors then quickly adjust staff changes
- Ability to work 20-25 hours per week
- Capacity and willingness to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays and during emergency situations
- Prior experience in an administrative role preferred, experience with scheduling a major plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Expertise in MindBody software
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities and analytical mindset
- Comfortable communicating and enforcing scheduling policies as appropriate
- Must be fair and apply policies equally to all staff
- Ability to work independently and be self-accountable
- Proven capacity to meet deadlines and reliably follow through on projects
- Must be able to work as part of a highly collaborative team and support colleagues in line with our company’s values
Please include your hourly rate requirement.
Physique 57 conducts background checks and computer literacy tests for final candidates.