Physique 57 is a growing fitness company with thirteen upscale, full-service exercise studios in the United States and internationally along with a thriving video on demand platform. The company offers a unique, specialized exercise experience that has captured the attention of women worldwide. Since its inception, the company has developed a lifestyle brand that represents service, quality, expertise, innovation, attention to detail, market leadership and results.
With four studios in New York City, one in Beverly Hills, several international licensed locations and our video on demand platform, Physique 57 continues to attract an expanding global fan base. In support of our outstanding customer focus, our staff – at all levels of the organization – is team oriented, entrepreneurial, ambitious and dedicated to delivering quality experiences every day.
Physique 57 is seeking a part time Studio Director. The Studio Director should have significant people management experience, an entrepreneurial zeal, operations know-how and strong leadership skills.
The Studio Director reports to Franchise Ownership and will directly manage the studio’s Client Success Team. This position is based in Westport, Connecticut and is a part-time position; 25-30 hours per week.
Client Retention and Attendance
- Contribute to company’s top line revenue growth by driving client attendance, client retention and optimizing studio class programs to ensure clients receive the best results
- Foster a high-performing team by training and motivating all staff to provide high volume hospitality and to meet all goals set by management
- Exceed revenue goals by actively coaching Client Success Team Members to improve individual revenue generation
- Collaborate with Studio Master Trainer and Franchise Ownership to oversee all class programming and scheduling. Analyze Key Performance Indicators to determine efficacy of current class schedules and make improvements to existing class schedules
- Build powerful relationships with clients that exceed expectations and satisfaction levels
- Partner with the marketing team to execute initiatives that aim to grow existing client attendance and create recovery programs for lapsed clients
- Identify areas in need of improvement and proactively take necessary steps to drive the business and ensure profitability
- Communicate with Physique 57 Corporate office on behalf of Franchise Ownership
Best in Class Client Service
- Effectively communicate with clients and staff to understand clients’ needs and improve service levels
- Lead by example by spending most of the time at the front desk working at, or demonstrating sales and service techniques to the Client Success Team Members
- Engage with clients by having a front of house presence in the studio
- Effectively hire and develop the studio’s Client Success Team Members to deliver consistent, high quality performance
- Create a winning culture by exemplifying Physique 57’s core values
- Handle day to day facility issues and maintain facility look and feel in line with luxury brand standards
- Report all ongoing maintenance issues to the property management company for resolution
- Proactively communicate studio specific facility matters to clients and staff. Address clients’ and staff needs and concerns related to these problems
- Ensure that the studio maintains an upscale fitness atmosphere focused on client satisfaction and retention
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation and keep well organized records including oversight of inventory management
- Collaborate with the retail team to provide an outstanding boutique shopping experience that exceeds revenue goals
- Set studio hours and assigned CST shifts to control payroll expenses
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience in a fast-paced, growing organization supervising part-time or full-time staff
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing customer service teams and customer experience
- Able to work a flexible schedule with occasional long hours, including early mornings, evenings, weekends and some holidays
- Excellent track record in delivering outstanding client service experience catering to upscale and affluent clientele
- Demonstrate ability to provide exceptional, consistent and solutions-driven client service
- Ability to work independently with excellent problem-solving skills in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience with MindBody software is a plus
Physique 57 conducts background checks and computer literacy tests for final candidates.