Physique 57 is a growing fitness company with thirteen upscale, full-service exercise studios in the United States and internationally along with a thriving video on demand platform. The company offers a unique, specialized exercise experience that has captured the attention of women worldwide. Since its inception, the company has developed a lifestyle brand that represents service, quality, expertise, innovation, attention to detail, market leadership and results.
With four studios in New York City, one in Beverly Hills, several international licensed locations and our video on demand platform, Physique 57 continues to attract an expanding global fan base. In support of our outstanding customer focus, our staff – at all levels of the organization – is team oriented, entrepreneurial, ambitious and dedicated to delivering quality experiences each and every day.
The Master Trainer will lead all training initiatives under the direction of the Franchise Ownership. Upon successful completion of training by the Corporate training team and after the launch of their local studio, the Master Trainer will be responsible for the training of newly hired trainers and ongoing development initiatives for their local teams under the direction of Corporate. In addition, the Master Trainer will assist with recruiting as required for future trainers. The Master Trainer will execute mid and end of year trainer evaluations to ensure that the class experience meets the expectations of the brand as directed by Corporate. Finally, the Master Trainer will be responsible for ensuring that all trainings are completed in a timely manner and that all trainers uphold the performance and professionalism standards expected by Physique 57.
Reports to: Franchise Ownership
- Teach a minimum of 12 hours weekly per studio staffing needs
- Organize and attend auditions and observe and advise upon new hire selection using criteria given by Corporate
- Conduct new trainer training after corporate training of inaugural team to prepare trainees to pass Corporate Certification
- Maintain brand standards and achieve visit and revenue goals
- Take class and deliver feedback to all local trainers at least bi-monthly until trainers hit 3-month promotion and monthly thereafter
- Serve as advisor/mentor for all new trainers
- Be prepared and trained to fulfill Corporate expectations on choreography, musicality, client corrections, creativity, competitive advantage and all aspects pertaining to class content and trainer delivery
- Partner with local management on trainer-related activities
- Advise on new trainer integration onto the class schedule, including test outs and teaming
- Facilitate continuing education/ongoing development to trainer team as directed by Corporate, including holding monthly trainer meetings
- Execute administrative tasks as advised by franchisee and Corporate
- Be present at all local trainer meetings and Town Halls with Corporate and present to group when necessary
- Remain current in fitness world, keeping abreast of competitive offerings and opportunities for improvement, while developing a keen awareness of business needs
- 3 years of experience as a fitness expert
- 2 years of management experience
- A rich understanding of safe exercise practices, anatomy, alignment, physiology and proper movement execution, as specifically pertains to group fitness
- Must exemplify core values and act as a leader in line with Physique 57 culture
- Must be open-minded and able to take feedback and direction well
- Proven track record of excellence in teaching
- Energetic, enthusiastic and team-oriented with a positive demeanor
- Strong communication skills
- Organized and timely with excellent follow through skills
- Dance experience preferred
Physique 57 conducts background checks and computer literacy tests for final candidates.