The Human Resources Generalist is solely responsible for performing all HR-related duties. This position will serve as a business partner to Senior Management, providing guidance and counsel on all HR issues, ensuring a balance between employee needs and organizational goals. The HR Generalist works closely with Physique 57’s PEO to execute all functions relating to HR/Payroll/Benefits and is responsible for the oversight of: payroll, compensation, benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, new hire onboarding, employee separation, policy implementation, recruitment and employment law compliance. This is a salaried position that is based in Manhattan.
The Human Resources Generalist reports to the CEO.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job and may be subject to change at any time.
HR Process Improvement
- Serve as a business partner to Senior Management to identify business needs and proactively tailor HR programs that have positive practical implications for a growth-oriented company
- Identify, administer and communicate all HR policies to ensure that the organization fosters a tightly aligned, integrated, high performance culture
- Maintain a work environment that supports effective, productive contributions and an opportunity for growth for all employees
Payroll & Benefits
- Process bi-monthly payroll process for accuracy, completeness and legal compliance
- Administer all aspects of: FMLA, Maternity, Personal Leaves of Absence, Workers’ Compensation and Short- and Long-Term Disability Leave including: execution/administration of paperwork, communication with employee, oversight of payroll implications, monitoring of key trigger dates and action points, etc.
- Research and communicate professional staff training and educational opportunities; develop process to track cost of and perceived impact of organizational training efforts
- Provide customer service to staff members by offering clear and timely responses to HR questions regarding benefits, compensation, company policies, jury duty, W-2s, leaves of absence, on-the-job injuries, work-related personnel issues, etc.
- Assist and coach management to effectively handle and communicate sensitive performance issues and disciplinary procedures to eliminate potential liability
- Administer annual and semi-annual performance reviews and salary planning process to ensure they are used effectively, as talent management and retention tools
- Provide guidance and insight to improve complex organizational promotional process to ensure measurable, equitable and supportable practices are in place
Recruitment, Onboarding & Separation
- Partner with hiring managers to implement optimal recruitment strategies including: development of job descriptions, screening resumes, interviewing, candidate selection process and managing applicant flow information
- Ensure employees are set up correctly in payroll and internal reports
- Manage employee separation process, start to finish, including administering unbiased exit interviews
Compliance & Legal
- Ensure organization is compliant with all legal, HR regulatory and reporting mandates
- Stay abreast of changes in all areas of employment law and workplace best practice(s)
- Recommend updates to existing Company policies, procedures, and forms based on knowledge of employment law and employment best practices
- Minimum 5 years of professional HR experience in multiple HR disciplines with emphasis on compensation, employment law and coaching
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Experience working with a PEO in a HR role is a plus
- Demonstrated success in recruiting, developing and retaining staff
- Demonstrated experience working independently in a fast-paced, growing organization with multi-locations and high concentration of hourly employees
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with outstanding leadership, judgement and decision-making ability
- Energetic, enthusiastic and team oriented with a positive demeanor
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be a team player who possesses an understanding of and passion for the Physique 57 mission, vision and values
There are many fantastic benefits to a career at Physique 57. In addition to working to effect positive change in the lives of thousands of women, Physique 57 offers its employees a business casual work and learning environment with generous benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) and generous paid time off. There are also great perks including free exercise classes. Aside from a competitive salary and excellent benefits, you will enjoy a team-oriented and communal atmosphere. Join an organization where you can make a difference every day!
Please include your salary requirements.
Physique 57 conducts background checks and computer literacy tests for final candidates.