Physique 57 is a growing fitness company that operates twelve upscale, full-service exercise studios in the United States and internationally and a thriving video on demand platform. The company offers a unique, specialized exercise experience that has captured the attention of women worldwide. Since its inception, the company has developed a lifestyle brand that represents service, quality, expertise, innovation, attention to detail, market leadership and results.
With four studios in New York City, one in Beverly Hills, and several international licensed locations along with our video on demand platform, Physique 57 continues to attract an expanding global fan base. In support of our outstanding customer focus, our staff – at all levels of the organization – is team oriented, entrepreneurial, ambitious and dedicated to delivering quality each and every day.
The District Manager (DM) has overall responsibility for efficient and profitable operation of four New York City Physique 57 locations. The DM effectively manages all sales, membership and operational functions within luxury fitness facilities to achieve financial success and provide the best client experience. This role manages the operations staff including studio supervisors, front desk team members (Client Success Team), and housekeeping team.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job and may be subject to change at any time.
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
- Execute corporate strategies and business plans at all NYC based studios
- Increase financial success of all NYC studios by growing daily client attendance and increasing client retention, while operating the studios within budget
- Ensure maximum retention of members and execute programs aimed at increasing visits and renewal sales revenue
- Collaborate with the retail team to provide an outstanding boutique shopping experience that exceeds revenue goals
Best in Class Client Service
- Lead in consistently creating an upscale fitness atmosphere focused on customer retention and customer satisfaction
- Effectively hire and train studio level management and Client Success Team to develop a team that delivers consistent high-quality service
- Engage with clients while in the studio to maintain a pulse on client satisfaction
- Create a winning culture by exemplifying Physique 57’s core values
- Be a role model for customer service behavior via on-site interaction with the team and clientele
- Maintain facility look, feel, and cleanliness in line with luxury brand standards
- Manage and coordinate all facility vendors to provide ongoing maintenance and repairs to the studios with studio level management
- Proactively communicate studio specific facility matters to studio level management and assist in addressing client(s) and staff(s) needs and concerns related to these problems in a timely manner
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience in a fast paced, growing organization supervising part-time or full-time staff
- Minimum of 2 years experience managing customer service teams and customer experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- Experience with MindBody software and ClassPass is a plus
- Outstanding leadership, strong ability to multi-task, remain focused and solve problems under a deadline
- Excellent track record in delivering outstanding client service experience catering to upscale and affluent clientele
- Demonstrated success in recruiting, developing and retaining full-time and part-time staff
- Energetic, enthusiastic and group fitness oriented with a positive demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar, punctuation, and creativity
- Must be a team player who possesses an understanding of and passion for the Physique 57 mission, vision and values
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with occasional long hours, including early mornings, evenings, weekends and some holidays
There are many fantastic benefits to a career at Physique 57. In addition to working to effect positive change in the lives of thousands of women, Physique 57 offers its employees a business casual work and learning environment with generous benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) and generous paid time off. There are also great perks including free exercise classes. Aside from a competitive salary and excellent benefits, you will enjoy a team-oriented and communal atmosphere. Join an organization where you can make a difference every day!
Please include your salary requirements.
Physique 57 conducts background checks and computer literacy tests for final candidates.