Physique 57 is a growing fitness company that operates ten upscale, full-service exercise studios in the United States and internationally and a thriving video on demand platform. The company offers a unique, specialized exercise experience that has captured the attention of women worldwide. Since its inception, the company has developed a lifestyle brand that represents service, quality, expertise, innovation, attention to detail, market leadership and results.
With four studios in New York City, one in the Hamptons, one in Beverly Hills, and several international licensed locations along with our video on demand platform, Physique 57 continues to attract an expanding global fan base. In support of our outstanding customer focus, our staff – at all levels of the organization – is team oriented, entrepreneurial, ambitious and dedicated to delivering quality each and every day.
This position is a hands-on accounting function and will provide ownership and management with accurate financial reporting information to be used in decision making. This position is to serve as the next level of review for the senior accountant and is also a strategic advisor to the CEO. Candidate should be familiar with modern accounting tools with an eye towards deploying automation strategies.
- Manage the daily accounting functions, focusing on cash management, receivables and payables
- Prepare consolidating financial statements, semi-annual forecasts and annual budget
- Prepare monthly financial statements including related financial reports
- Prepare cash flow analysis and execute cash planning strategy
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Prepare and/or approve journal entries
- Liaise with external CPA firm to complete annual audit, financial statement and income tax return preparation
- Perform financial and operation analysis as needed
- Approve expense reports and cash disbursements (accounts payable)
- Evaluate and improve efficiencies within accounting and across the company
- Implement policies and procedures and internal controls
- Assist management with strategic initiatives
- Review lease agreements for properties
- Oversee insurance coverage and brokerage relationships
- Have a working knowledge of labor law changes and wage planning
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA/MBA a plus, but not required
- Minimum three (3) years experience in public accounting and/or financial accounting
- QuickBooks experience required
- Demonstrated success in a previous Controller or Senior Financial role
- Possess a strong understanding of U.S. GAAP principals
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and strong computer skills
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
There are many fantastic benefits to a career at Physique 57. In addition to working to effect positive change in the lives of thousands of women, Physique 57 offers its employees a business casual work and learning environment with generous benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) and generous paid time off. There are also great perks including free exercise classes. Aside from a competitive salary and excellent benefits, you will enjoy a team-oriented and communal atmosphere. Join an organization where you can make a difference every day!
Please include your salary requirements.
Physique 57 conducts background checks and computer literacy tests for final candidates.