Beverly Hills is one of California’s most beautiful and glamorous cities. It’s no secret that people love living in and visiting this quintessential California locale. With an average temperature in the 70s, it’s no secret people here are so happy all year long. The area’s perfect weather combined with the nearly endless eating estaruants, shopping, and entertainment options make it more than worthy of exploring. From the best places to get a blowout to the best places to catch a quiet moment alone, our ultimate guide to the neighborhood will help you make the most out of your Beverly Hills experience.
Best Places to Get a Blowout
- It’s no secret that DryBar is the You can pick the right blowout for your hair from Drybar’s list of services. The Manhattan will give you a sleek and smooth look, while the Mai Tai gives you a tousled, beachy look – perfect for the Beverly Hills vibe.
Our very own Michelle E., a studio director at our Beverly Hills location, swears by Drybar.
“Drybar is my go to for blowouts. There is one right next to the studio as well as by my house, so it’s super convenient,” she says.
- Blown on Canon. Besides it’s location just across the street from our Beverly Hills studio. Blown is one of the best places for a blowout in the city! Trust that you are in good hands at Blown. Not to mention they offer one of the quickest blow outs on the West Coast. (Always a bonus in our books!)
Best Places to Get a Facial or Skincare Services
- The Shave. Prepare yourself for luxury at Beverly Hill’s upscale barbershop. The Shave offers a wide range of services including classic shaves, brow maintenance, massages, body waxing and more.
“Old school and indulgent. I had a shave there last week for the first time, and I really liked it!
The place has a great atmosphere, and everyone was really nice. I got the signature ‘Shave of Beverly Hills,’ which included a complimentary drink (top shelf booze available), a shave, a mini facial and a hand and neck massage,” says Digo, a Beverly Hills instructor.
- Nail Bar and Beauty Lounge. Nail Bar and Beauty Lounge is a one-stop shop for your beauty needs. You can even sign up for an unlimited manicure and pedicure membership. If you really want to pamper yourself, this boutique does house calls.
“Clients know I am OBSESSED with nails! The ladies at Nail Bar and Beauty Lounge are the best! You can catch me there after a shift lounging and chatting it up in there. The decor is flirty, and they offer beauty needs from manicures and pedicures to waxing and blow outs! My faves are Cindy and Carol. They truly make me feel welcome, relaxed, and who doesn’t love a mimosa with a mani?” says Renee, a Beverly Hills instructor.
- Murad is a full-service skin care spa where you can treat yourself to a facial, a peel or a wax. Whatever your skin needs – exfoliation, brightening, clarifying – Murad has just the right treatment. Say hello to a little extra glow on your skin.
“Their only standalone location is on 3rd street in West Hollywood. I recently went for an express facial with Vellany, and it was a game changer,” says Michelle E.
Places to Get a Health Snack or Lunch
- Whole Foods Market. Whole Foods is a giant in the world of health food. Pick up some fresh produce for an on-the-go snack, or build an entire meal from their salad bar. Whole Foods also has plenty of gluten free, vegan and vegetarian options for anyone who has dietary restrictions.
“Right around the corner from Physique 57 and it has the best healthy snacks for on the go! I love their salad bar. Fresh and plenty to choose from,” says Morgan, a Beverly Hills instructor.
- Go Greek Yogurteria. Greek yogurt has gone from trendy to full-on culinary craze. Greek yogurt is a healthy option with tons of protein and is light on fat. Try a savory Greek yogurt creation, or treat yourself to a frozen yogurt from Go Greek Yogurteria.
“My favorite treat and go-to snack- – low in fat and high in protein. It’s delicious, healthy and I always go back for more!” says Emily Eitches, Digital Marketing Director and Beverly Hills native.
- M Café. M Café serves up a delicious menu of macrobiotic dishes and all of their meals are created with fresh, healthy ingredients. You won’t have to worry about sifting through a menu full of red meat, dairy, and refined sugars here! If you stop in for breakfast, the avocado crispy toast is popular and tasty. You can also visit for lunch, and grab a healthy grain bowl. M Café also hosts brunch on the weekends and holidays.
“Any item from M Café!” says Renee.
Places to Get an Indulgent Snack
- Bouchon Bakery. Bouchon Bakery has a full menu of fresh soups, salads, and sandwiches, but we are here to talk about dessert. Grab a macaroon, which comes in vanilla, chocolate, caramel, pistachio and seasonal flavors. You can also start the day on the sweet side of things with a chocolate almond croissant.
This sweet spot is part of the Thomas Keller Restaurant Group, which boasts other Bouchon locations in New York, Las Vegas, and Yountville, California.
“Every pastry is well worth holding a plank!” says Renee.
- Fresh Brothers Pizza. Regan B., a member of our client service team, puts in her vote for Fresh Brothers Pizza. This pizza joint takes its name seriously. All of their ingredients are fresh and natural, so you can feel a little less guilty for repeat snacking. Pizza is obviously a go-to order here, but Fresh Brothers also offers sliders and wings. This eatery is the perfect option for anyone in search of a savory snack.
- Beverly Hills Brownie Company. Is there anything more delicious and indulgent than a fudgy brownie? Anna recommends Beverly Hills Brownie Company if that kind of snack sounds up your alley. This purveyor of baked goods offers more than 30 different types of brownies. You can try a classic chocolate brownie or get creative with flavors like mocha latte, gingerbread or pumpkin cream cheese.
If you are feeling truly decadent, you can get the classic gold or classic silver brownie, or up the sweetness factor with a brownie ice cream sandwich. Beverly Hills Brownie Company has classic vanilla, salted caramel, and brownies and cream ice cream to pair with their brownies.
- Jon and Vinny’s. Jon and Vinny’s is one of the best places to eat in Beverly Hills when you are in the mood for some quick and delicious Italian food. Pick up a morning pastry, like their coffee custard bombolone. Jon and Vinny’s menu boast other sinfully delicious treats like Nutella toast, buttermilk pancakes, and pistachio wedding cookies.
“My go-to when I’m feeling like a cheat meal. Everything on the menu is delicious, but my favorite is the breakfast pizza!” says Michelle E.
Best Patio or Cozy Spot to Grab Coffee
- Alfred’s Coffee and Kitchen. Alfred’s Coffee and Kitchen knows how to make a cup of coffee. Choose from options like espresso, macchiato, drip coffee and Americano. This cozy spot also serves up breakfast treats like scones, croissants and muffins.
“One of my favorite coffee places in Los Angeles. Iced coffee and lattes are my favorites here. It’s also a great place to get some work done or people watch,” says Emily.
- The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. Whether you are looking for a creative blended drink or a regular cup of coffee, the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf is a great go-to spot. Try the cold brew blended, cookies and cream blended or mocha blended, each one with a generous dollist of brewed coffee, specialty coffee and iced coffee. If tea is more your style, the café has black teas, green teas, herbal teas, sweet teas, decaf teas, tea lattes and iced tea lattes.
“Whether you are grabbing a coffee for an early meeting or stopping by for a sweet treat in the afternoon, the service is remarkable. One sip of their coffee and you are all smiles!” says Jenny, a Beverly Hills instructor.
Best Place to Grab a Juice
- Earthbar has a range of delicious menu options that cater to everyone’s dietary needs, including non-GMO, soy-free and gluten-free. Earthbar also sells their own line of sports nutrition products, vitamins and supplements. If you need your juice fix, Earthbar’s Beverly Hills location has you covered. Try their fresh lemonade or get your cleanse on with the Citrus Cleanse. Earthbar also has healthy shakes and smoothies. Our instructor Holly swears by Earthbar.
- Pressed Juicery. Pressed Juicery has a variety of juice options made from greens, roots, and fruits. When you visit, you can also create your own custom juice cleanse. Pressed Juicery also has some chocolate and coffee blends and gets Digo’s vote of confidence as a great spot to pick up a juice.
Best Spot to Shop for Workout Gear
- Yoga Smoga. Yoga Smoga has an extensive collection of workout gear for women and men, including yoga wear, sports bras, running tights and more. The store offers a wide variety of styles and options, so you’re guaranteed to find something that fits your workout needs and style.
“They recently opened a few blocks from the studio. So when I’m not purchasing clothes from the Physique Boutique, I’m at Yoga Smoga!” says Michelle E.
- This national brand offers gear for yoga, running, training and swimming. They carry a wide selection of colors and styles and can be the perfect stop to help you find what you need to up your workout game.
“I love both Lululemon and the clothing at Physique 57. Lululemon is great because all of their clothes are high quality. However, Physique 57 sells Lululemon and more! So if Lulu does not work for you, there are other high-quality options to choose from that are not only great for a tough workout but stylish as well,” says Lyndsey.
Best Place to Stop and Reflect, Take in the Scene or Take Five
- Santa Monica Pier. The Santa Monica Pier is one of the quintessential things to see in Beverly Hills. It is open all year long, and you can enjoy some spectacular people watching while seeing all the pier has to offer. Take a historical walking tour, fish off the end of the pier, ride the iconic Ferris wheel and more. The Santa Monica Pier is also a great place to walk and take in the spectacular ocean views.
“Santa Monica Pier is a beautiful landmark with gorgeous views! During the summer there are free concerts on the pier. A great place to reflect and enjoy life!” says Megan.
- Runyon Canyon Park. It might be surprising that hiking is one the best things to do in Beverly Hills and the surrounding area, but there are plenty of places to go. The Runyon Canyon Park hiking trail is open from dawn until dusk, so you can catch a scenic walk or run before or after work. The trail is a 2.5-mile loop that makes you work on a 784-foot elevation gain, according to All Trails. If you have a dog, feel free to bring your four-footed walking companion to the park with you.
“I love hiking, and this is my go-to spot!” says Emily.
- Beverly Gardens Park. Beverly Gardens Park is a beautiful oasis amidst the city. The park features two large fountains, one on each end. You can walk past the fountains and explore the park’s cactus garden on the many running and walking paths through the park. Beverly Gardens Park is also home to the iconic Beverly Hills sign.
“The scenery is beautiful, and the art is amazing!” says Jenny.
While you are out exploring Beverly Hills, don’t forget the importance of working up a good sweat! Stop by our Beverly Hills studio to learn more about our classes. We welcome people of all experience levels, and offer a variety of options like mat, cardio burn and interval training that are as effective as they are challenging. You can also sign up for a month-long free trial of our on-demand workout classes!