As summer approaches, we asked one of our NY instructors, Katie Mitchell, to guest post and share some tips on how to stay in shape while on vacation. Visiting NY this summer? Join Katie at the barre by signing up for one of her classes here!
Working out can be quite a challenge when you’re on vacation! I just got back from a trip to Miami and had to get very creative fitting both my workouts and quality family time into my schedule. If you’re hoping to stay on the wagon while on your vacation, here are a few simple tips to get you going.
1. Schedule your workouts into your trip. Research the area and see if your favorite studio has a location there. Or maybe there’s a workout you’ve been dying to try that has a location there? If you sign yourself up for a class, you are more likely to commit to the workout.
2. Pack your favorite workout DVD or try an online workout. Physique 57 has some fabulous exercise DVDS! Do your research to make sure that if your DVD requires any equipment, you pack accordingly. Also, if you know you cannot commit to an hour DVD, look for our 30 minute workouts. If you will have internet access, check out our online workouts!
3. Find a workout buddy. Workout buddies can be a great motivation for sticking to a planned sweat session.
4. Pack your sneakers. They take up quite a bit of room in your suitcase, so chances are if you make the space for them, you will make space in your schedule to use them. Walking around new cities is always a great way to see and explore new spots.
5. Explore the area and see what fun activities you can find. Try, for example, hiking, snorkeling, surfing, skiing, snow boarding, bike riding, rock climbing… Whatever it is, trying something new can be a fun way to spice up your workout! Also these kinds of activities are a great way to see the beauty of the natural landscape. Some of my favorite outdoor activities to do with visitors in New York are walking the Brooklyn Bridge and renting bikes to ride around Central Park.
For more tips, join Katie Mitchell on Facebook for a Live Q&A tomorrow, May 24th from 12pm-1pm ET. We look forward to chatting with you then!
Do you have additional tips? Share them in the comments section below.