Talk about a move that is perfect for the holidays! The Physique 57 Deli Slicer gets its name from the powerful back and forth slicing action that will chisel your legs, glutes, and core. We love this move for not only the way it shapes your legs, core, obliques, hips, and thighs, but also for the dynamic motions that amp up your cardio intensity. Master the set-up of this move to set yourself on course for a delicious body sculpting and endurance boosting treat!
Muscles targeted: Gluteus maximus, medius, and minimus; hamstrings; obliques
- Put your left forearm down on a sturdy piece of furniture or counter top. Line your elbow directly out from your shoulder.
- Putting a little bit of weight into the forearm, lift your right leg straight out to the side, rotating the thigh down. Your shoulder, hip, and toes should be all in one line.
- While maintaining a slight bend in your standing leg, flex your right foot and bend your right knee forward toward your upper body, and then lengthen back out to the side.
- Repeat 10-20 reps, then make sure you do the other side as well!
See how it’s done here:
Tips for success:
- Press your left forearm and right hand into the barre as you pull your navel in to engage the core.
- See that your heel stays higher than you toe so the leg remains rotated inward to work the side and back of the leg.
- Imagine you are pushing a 500 pound door shut with your heel to add resistance.
- Options: try different tempos, or add an extra bend to the standing leg as the working leg lengthens to add more challenge and more cardio!